Sunday 23 June 2013

weekly wrap-up: 100 pounds of strawberries and a bridal shower


So we had quite an interesting start to our week.  My dad got a call from a fellow farmer who had 400 pounds of wet strawberries that he couldn't ship, so he was wondering if we'd want any for a sweet deal.  Well....let's just say we can't say no to a good deal, and ended up with 100 pounds. 
100 POUNDS PEOPLE!!

So, we had 100 pounds of wet strawberries that needed dealt with asap before they went funky.  Let's just say I was the Queen of hulling strawberries....and the above photo is not even a quarter of the strawberries we went through.  We had delicious strawberry crepes for supper that night, and froze most of the rest for later!


And....it was the super moon this weekend.  I didn't even really think about it until I saw the most beautiful sunset last night that turned Mt. Baker hot pink.  By the time I ran and got my camera the colour was nearly gone, but it was still so pretty.  I am so lucky to have this be the view from our kitchen!

Also, this week we hosted a bridal shower for the fiancee of one of my best buds growing up.  Our families have been super close for over 20 years, and it's crazy that all us kids are grown up!  My mom and I (and Jordyn) had so much fun decorating and hosting, and the night was wonderful.  


For desserts Jordyn made delicious lemon cranberry scones and chocolate cupcakes, and I made sugar cookie brides and bridesmaids!



We had sooo much yummy food!


I'll be sharing a few decoration ideas as well as games we made for the shower in the coming week!

p.s.   kelsey

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 100 pounds of strawberries?! My family loves strawberries and we pretty much go through at least one box per day so the summer time, this particular fruit adds up quickly haha. The treats from the shower makes my mouth water just looking at the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...