Tuesday 18 June 2013

tasty tuesday : zucchini pecan bars

I really love when I can eat baked goods and feel "healthy," so this zucchini pecan recipe is a perfect fix for me! And I know - adding cream cheese icing on top really doesn't help my case at all, but it adds sooo much and I could never say no to a cream cheese icing! So here it is, my misleadingly "healthy" zucchini pecan bar recipe with a delicious cream cheese icing :)
.  i n g r e d i e n t s  . 

3 eggs                                              1 tsp salt
1 cup veggie oil                                 2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups white sugar                       1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla                                       2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda


.  d i r e c t i o n s  . 

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13" pan.
2, mix together first four ingredients in a large bowl. combine the rest of the ingredients in separate bowl - then combine them together and then add in the zucchini.
3. spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
4. bake for 20-25 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean!
5. let cool before adding your cream cheese frosting
6. add some pecans on top and enjoy!


.  c r e a m   c h e e s e   i c i n g  . 

1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups icing sugar

Cream together the ingredients and frost away! I tend to use only half the recipe for a 9x13" bar recipe and I'll freeze the rest for the future.
p.s.   clara

9 comments:

  1. nom nom! I love zucchini! get in mah belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice pictures ❤ DO you use lensbaby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giedrė! And no, I don't use lensbaby, just my Nikon DSLR and some lightroom :)

      Delete
  3. I have the same tablecloth! haha the chevron one from Jo Fresh....Love it. Those look delish, I wish I wasn't so picky and could learn to like cream cheese frosting (I know, what is wrong with me!?). I could just swap it for another type though, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Jo Fresh has such great (and cheap!) home stuff, I think I own 5 different tablecloths! Hehe :) And oh dear, while it makes me sad that you don't like cream cheese frosting, I'm sure these bars would be excellent with just a regular vanilla icing too!

      Delete
  4. These sound absolutely amazing, gorgeous photography too!

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...