Monday 3 March 2014

the beginning of my home adventures...

So you may or may not have noticed that Kelsey has been an absolute sweetheart by covering for me on ps.heart since we purchased our first home. She's been such a dear to me as all my free time recently has been put towards our new home :) That being said, I'm finally going to give you glimpse of what I've been working on for the past month as it's finally starting to come together!

It has been a total adventure and learning process as Caleb and I started home shopping and then became first-time home owners. Right from the get-go, we knew we wanted an older home, one that was unique, since both of us don't really like the cookie-cutter homes of today, and then we stumbled on our home. It was the third house we saw and we just knew that we wouldn't be happy with anything else. From the 70s with glorious carpet, Star Trek era speakers in every room, hanging gold lamps, and even fake green marble countertops... it was our dream come true! (It does get better, I promise).
We fell in love hard and fast with its floor to ceiling brick fireplace, the sunroom (with a hot tub!), and its beautiful backyard that backs into one of Edmonton's ravines :)
Like I said, it's our dream home and we couldn't be happier.

So here it is... some befores and afters (slash, in-betweens, since we are far far away from being anywhere near finished...). And there's much more to come with more detailed DIY's and explanations, but for now.... Welcome to part one of my home adventures.

The kitchen was my first project to tackle and although it's not quite finished yet, I have finished painting the cabinets a crisp white, the insides a beautiful teal (Martha Stewart's Lagoon) and also lined the cupboard doors with beadboard wallpaper! I think they look darling and I can't wait to show you the finished product once our floors are finished! 

Here's a before and after photo of our dining room area into our living room. As you can see, we ripped up the carpet and installed some gloriously beautiful engineered hardwood! That carpet was everywhere... seriously ugly... and very very dusty. So glad to have it gone!

That's all for now, but a huge thanks to all the friends and family that are working with us in our home adventures! Much much more coming soon :) 

p.s. ♥ clara

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, it all looks amazing! great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made it look so nice!! Can't wait to see the other house projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO exciting, we're also first time home buyers and it's been so much fun decorating... and getting everything set up. Your home looks amazing, you have fabulous taste, girly!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...