Tuesday 19 February 2013

tasty tuesday : lemon loaf

I love lemon-y foods. I love baked goods. In so facto, I love lemon loaves, and this one is particularly delightful. From the absolutely wonderful "Mennonite Girls Can Cook", this recipe is a must! Try it, you won't regret it, and you'll be dreaming of hot summer days, cloud-watching, and swimming. I don't know why, but somehow lemony foods make me think of these things. 


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 7 1/2 x 4 x 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light then add eggs in one at a time. Mix in the other wet ingredients.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Divide the mixture between the two loaf pans and bake approximately for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. While the cake bakes, simmer the syrup ingredients together until the sugar melts.
8. Brush the syrup over the loaf after it has been cooled. 
9. Drizzle the glaze over the loaves and let it set. 

From the photos, you can clearly see that I've omitted the glaze, I simply did this for my own personal preference. I know, call me crazy, but sometimes I just prefer a simple, lemon loaf, with no extra sugary coatings. But I have made this recipe before with the syrup and glaze and it is delightful both ways! Whether you simply sprinkle some icing sugar over top or go all out, your loaf will taste delicious :)








p.s. ♥ clara

3 comments:

  1. yummmm...I'm so craving something lemon-y now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yay! I ALWAYS crave whatever delightful treats you and Jordyn post, so I feel really proud of myself right now... hehe

      Delete
  2. tasty tuesday always makes me unnecessarily hungry. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...