These two are the absolute sweetest! I had the most wonderful week in Edmonton, and Clara and Caleb were the most incredible hosts! As glad as I am to be at home with my family, I already miss Edmonton, the dear friends that live there, and the snow!
Now, this d.i.y. was Clara's idea, as she wanted something sweet for her and Caleb's Christmas card for this year. This burlap bunting was such an easy craft, and seriously can be adapted for any occasion!
-acrylic paint -scissors
-jute/string - hot glue gun
Instructions:1) First, you'll want to cut out a triangular template from the cardstock.
2) Then, use your template to trace triangles onto the burlap with a sharpie and cut them out.
3) Next, we painted a bit of modpodge along the edges of each triangle in order to keep it from fraying too much! This step isn't totally necessary, but is definitely helpful if your burlap frays easily and/or you plan on keeping your bunting for a while.
4) Once the modpodge is all dry, start painting your letters onto each triangle. We found that a small, fairly stiff brush worked best for this, and two coats really helped the letters pop.
5) Let the paint dry, and then measure out enough jute for your words.
6) Using a hot glue gun, place a line of glue on the back side of each triangle along the top edge. Press the jute into the glue, and hold until it has set. Continue for each triangle. *Double check that your letters are in the correct order, and that you're not gluing them on backwards!
It was so so fun to be able to craft with Clara! And I'm already eagerly awaiting the next time we will be together!
p.s. ♥ kelsey & clara