Wednesday 28 November 2012

Christmas baking: north pole cupcakes


Now, I'm really hoping this post doesn't freak too many people out since it's still November, but I for one am definitely already getting in the Christmas spirit.  My apartment is decked out in pretty lights, snowflakes, Christmas bunting...and we even have a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree!  I'm even getting ready to make some yummy triple chocolate shortbread for a Christmas banquet I'm attending tomorrow night!

So, starting today, and for the next few weeks, we'll be sharing some of our favorite, classic Christmas recipes, as well as some fun new ones!  

(For those of you who followed my beyond the cookie jar blog, a few of these might be familiar!)

First up are these simple north pole cupcakes!

Supplies:
-batch of cupcakes (here are our recipes for chocolate or mocha cupcakes!)
-candy canes (red and white work great, but any will do!)
-red smarties/m&ms/skittles
-buttercream icing 
-sprinkles (optional)
-small north pole signs  (you can make your own, or I made a printable version HERE!)

Directions:
1) First, pipe or spread your buttercream onto each cupcake (here's our recipe if you need one!).  I chose to decorate all of mine with coarse white sprinkles, to make it look like snow!
2) Then, break off the hook of each candy can, and carefully insert into the middle of your cupcake.
3)  Dab a bit of icing on the top of the candy cane, and place a red smartie on top.
4)  Next, dab a bit of icing on the candy candy pole, and gently press your north pole sign in place...and you're done!


I absolutely love how simple, yet adorable these cupcakes are!  I know Christmas is a time where my family likes to break out fussy (and amazing) recipes....but sometimes simple works too!


p.s. ♥ kelsey

1 comment:

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...