Sunday 25 November 2012

weekly wrap up: tea and things


I had an incredibly full schedule this past week.  I was (and still am) working on a major project for my documentary film class.  I am making a 10 minute documentary about a wonderful woman name Karla, and her tea business Karla's Specialteas.


Though it has been a lot of work, this project combines two of my favourite thing, tea and film!  And it gives me an excuse to go to the lake and film tea cups!
 (Though I may have gotten a few odd looks...)


You may recognize Karla's name from other posts we have done here on ps: heart.  She was the one who convinced Kelsey to finally try tea, and shared her awesome Sangria Iced Tea recipe with us!


I also did a bit of baking with my mom this week!  Which is always fun.  We made some delicious pumpkin tarts, as well as our traditional 5 loaves of fruitcake.

I'm not going to lie, we may have busted out the Christmas music while we were making the fruitcake.


I'm sorry, but you just can't make Christmas cake without listening to Christmas music!  
It is one of my dad's favourite Christmas treats, and it is definitely a two person job.  It combines over 8 pounds of fruits and nuts, so we have to mix it with our hands in the biggest bowl you can imagine.  I was up to my elbows in candied fruit!


I may have cheated and used a photo that Kelsey took of me last week, but I just couldn't help it.  We went over to my friend Michelle's house to play games and hang out with her new puppy Buffy.


Buffy is absolutely adorable!  I may just have to steal her away and love her forever.  Or maybe I will leave the responsibility of a puppy to Michelle and her husband Kevin, and just visit her all the time and be the "cool aunt".

I hope your week was wonderful!
And, if you are a student like me, good luck with finals and final projects!!

p.s. ♥ jordyn

1 comment:

  1. Jordyn...what an absolutely adorable photo of you and Buffy! Great timing. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...