Thursday 15 November 2012

diy : movember sharpie mugs

In honour of Movember, I'm bringing to you a wonderfully easy, delightful, and hairy DIY in the form of moustache-y sharpie mugs! I've loved seeing these sharpie mugs all over the internet and some of my favs include this cute couple set from A Beautiful Mess, this lovely Pride & Prejudiced themed one. 

For my moustaches, I simply made an outline first and then filled it in with doodle-like scratches. 

On the other side of the mug, I "named" the kind of moustache the cup was representing... I got my inspiration from the photo below =]

Once you're done doodling, put your mugs in the oven and bake away!


Here's my end products: 
I just love how these turned out and can't wait to have a movember tea party with these mugs! 

Disclaimer: Hand-washing these mugs turned out fine, but I would definitely not recommend putting these through the dishwasher. 


Cheers,

p.s. ♥ clara



10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. these are insanely cute! i absolutely LOVE that you named each moustache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks m'dear! you can enjoy them when you get here =]

      Delete
  2. o my goodness! These are adorable! I totally have to try making them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you absolutely must! they were such a fun DIY to do =] and send us a pic of yours when you get around to making them!!

      Delete
  3. These are phenomenal! I've gotta say I wish I had come up with this idea myself. I might make some with big luscious lips.

    -Emily
    http://from-small-beginnings.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I've wanted to do these for ages. I love how you've combined Movember with it though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a fun and clever twist on the DIY mug trend.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I am definitely doing some mugs for Christmas presents but these are pretty cute. I also like the shape of the mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Robert SoloviewTuesday, November 20, 2012

    Looks Totally AWESOME !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. why thanks friends! glad you enjoy =]send us your photos if you do decide to do your own twist on this fun diy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...