Monday 21 January 2013

weekly wrap up: winter semester has begun

Sorry about the late weekly wrap up!  I have finished two weeks of school, and I already feel so swamped with homework.  So far I have read two plays, a novel, many poems and endless essays.  Taking 4 upper level lit classes has its ups and downs.  I love reading, but it is all I am doing lately!  However I do prefer reading and essays to big projects and labs.


(This is just my way of trying to justify my lateness.  Look at that stack of textbooks!)


So there is a funny story behind this picture.  After my crazy study session, (pictured up above) I noticed the beautiful sunset.  Determined to get a good photo of it I drove up to my aunt's house (she lives right across the street).  

When I thought I had taken enough photos I got back in my car and thought, "Hmmm how I am I going to get out of here?"  and started driving forward.  I then realized that it was far too muddy to turn around where I wanted to.  So I then figured it would be a good idea to just turn around where I was, seeing as there was an empty field I could go into if I wanted.  

However this field turned out to be a tad muddy as well.  I was halfway through the turn when I realized I had made a grave error.  My car stopped moving, though the tires were spinning quite vigorously.  I had to call my dad for help, but there was nothing we could do.  
So my car got to spend the night in the field, and in the morning when the ground was frozen I was able to drive out.  

It was definitely an experience, one that I am NOT likely to repeat any time soon.


My Grandma celebrated a milestone birthday this weekend.  So Kelsey came home for the weekend and we had a party.  It was nice to see our relatives, and celebrate our wonderful grandmother!


I love to read in my spare time, though with all the reading I have been doing for school my poor brain needs a break sometimes.  I got this awesome hardcover Buffy comic book.  It is beautiful to look at, and very fun to read.  A good way to unwind after a long day of class and reading!


And finally, I'd like to leave you with a little sneak peek from a photo shoot Kelsey and I did this weekend.  We'll be doing a full post for it soon....so stay tuned!


p.s. ♥ jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...