Thursday 21 March 2013

inspired by: youtube

A few years ago I was really involved with the Youtube community.  And when I say really involved, I mean sat in my bedroom alone watching youtube videos, or making them.

I wasn't obsessed with cute cat videos, or people injuring themselves, I loved watching vloggers (or video bloggers).  I wanted to be a famous vlogger myself, but eventually stopped striving for fame and gathered a quirky following of about 500.

I haven't been making videos as much in the past couple of years, but it is something I really want to get back into.  When creating original content and posting it on the internet, especially on a site like youtube, it is easy to get discouraged.  Everybody wants something different from you, and you can lose sight of why you started making stuff in the first place.

Equipment and time limit the quality of work you put out, and often things don't turn out quite how you  had intended.  Comments like "SOOOO MUCH FAIL!" and "This was horrible I would have rather been Rick-Rolled." tend to make you cautious of what you put out, but eventually you learn to deal with the bad, because often, there are ten times more comments like "You guys are artists and amazing." and "In a word BRILLIANT!!" and "i really LOVE your videos ! i have probably watched this video over like 20 times and it still makes me laugh :)".  

 Lately due to time constraints, and the busyness that is life, I have moved away from making videos for fun, and focused mostly on contracted wedding videos.  However, I think I am ready to get back in the game.  I recently been watching videos that have inspired me in the past, and I am getting the filming itch again.

I have about a month left of school, but once I am out I am positive that I will pick up my camera and get back in the video making game.  I wanted to share with you guys some of the videos that have inspired me so much

Nanalew - one of my favourite youtubers:


This awesome music video:


Levi Beamish's Portrait:


p.s. ♥ jordyn

2 comments:

  1. there always seems to be so many haters on youtube :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. and hater's gonna hate. i enjoyed the old youtube videos. have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...