Tuesday 12 March 2013

tasty tuesday : lemon & herbs chicken noodle soup

Anyone who knows me, knows that I absolutely adore cooking. So you may wonder, why there are so few "meal" recipes on ps.heart... the answer is this: I'm terrible at following recipes and I hardly ever do it, except for baking. So although I love cooking, since I don't follow a recipe, I find myself in a funk whenever I want to post a foodie on here that isn't a baked good.

I grew up with an incredible cook (my mom!) who I never once saw use a recipe book and did everything in the kitchen naturally by instinct. That being said, I absolutely LOVE recipe books and looking at different, new recipes, but I never follow them... I think it's just my being lazy, cause I don't often plan my meals ahead of time and kind of go with the flow of whatever is in my kitchen...but for the sake of the blog, lets just say I'm creative with food ;) At any rate, here is one of the very rare Clara "recipes" you'll see on the blog, a simple, yet highly delcious chicken noodle soup!

{ i n g r e d i e n t s } 


1/2 an onion                                                 salt & pepper (& other herbs like basil!) to taste
4 sticks of celery                                            fresh parsley
4 carrots                                                       chicken bouillon packets to taste  
2 cups of shredded chicken                             1 cup of egg noodles

*to add a little kick to my this tried & true soup, I tossed my chicken in some lemon & herbs spice...mmm.*


{ i n s t r u c t i o n s }

1. Dice your fresh veggies into manageable pieces.
2. Toss your chicken in some spices! I chose lemon & herbs to add a kick of lemon.
3. Boil a large pot approximately 1/3 full of water. Add in vegetables, chicken bouillon, and other spices. Let simmer for about 20 minutes on medium-high heat.
4. Add in egg noodles and chicken in and let simmer for another 10 minutes, or until noodles are cooked. 
5. Serve with some fresh parsley, and enjoy!



p.s. ♥ clara




7 comments:

  1. i love chicken noodle soup! thanks for sharing :) it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious! thank you for such a detailed step by step! I cant wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you toss your chicken in the spice before you cooked it, or after?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all! and yes, do try it out, it is sooo good for the soul! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! absolutely cannot wait to try this.

    http://thedashingdarlings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...