Sunday 3 March 2013

weekly wrap-up: snail mail, the beach, and meeting the canucks

So I have had a seriously packed, and incredibly amazing week! 
Thus the long-winded title...sorry guys, no cutesy alliteration from me this week. hah!

So, it started off with a bit of snail mail from my dear cousin Randi (she's the one we did this diy with!).  I got it a bit late since I had gone back home for reading break the week before, but regardless, it made me ridiculously happy.


And then, I was invited to a private meet and greet with the Vancouver Canucks by my friend Jorica...and kind of freaked out!  I'm a huge hockey fan, and was so stoked to be able to meet some of my favorite players!  The only problem was....my jersey was back home in Abbotsford.  Lucky for me, my wonderful mom mailed it express that day, and it was on my doorstep the next afternoon!  




Isn't that bird card amazing? So sweet.

Then Friday came, and man was it fun!  We enjoyed a pre-show with a few huge names from Hockey Night in Canada (including the very eccentric Don Cherry!), a free catered dinner, and of course...getting autographs from players!









Sorry if that bored you non-hockey fans to death...but it was really exciting for me! haha.

And finally, I have just been reflecting on how incredibly lucky I am to have an apartment so close to the beach.  It really is the best....and it's going to be so hard saying goodbye in just a couple short months.




p.s. ♥ kelsey





2 comments:

  1. cute card! snail mail is my favorite :)

    p.s. i've nominated you for the liebster award!
    http://megmcilvaine.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much meg :)
      we actually were nominated a few weeks ago...and you can read our post about it here: http://psheart.blogspot.ca/2013/02/liebster-award.html

      Delete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...