These cookies were part of a dessert table that Jordyn and I prepared for my dear friend Jenna's bridal shower!
Sugar cookies are so easy, and the possibilities for decorating them are endless! Don't worry if your dough is a bit crumbly....once you start rolling it out it will come together.
I like my sugar cookies quite thick, so that they come out nice and soft! Just note that thicker cookies may require an extra minute or so of baking time.
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 TBsp Milk
2 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1) Cream butter - add sugar, vanilla, egg and milk; beat hard.
2) Add flour and baking powder to cream mixture and beat again.
3) Roll onto flour board and cut into shapes.
4) Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-6 minutes.
1 egg white
1) Mix in icing sugar with your egg white until the desired consistency has been reached.
2) Just add a (very small!) amount of water to adjust the thickness.
3) Keep covered until you're using it or else it will start to harden!
Once the cookies are cool, I use a ziplock bag to pipe royal icing in an outline of whatever design I have chosen. Here I did a heart-shape outline slightly lower on the top in order to mimic the top of a dress. I did a few wedding dresses, as well as a few pink dresses since that's the colour of our bridesmaid dresses!
After the outline has dried, I flood the cookies with slightly thinner royal icing....and then add sprinkles and details to my heart's content!
ps: kelsey ♥