Tuesday 12 June 2012

tasty tuesday: roasted chickpeas


I really love chickpeas, and will often throw them into whatever I'm making for supper....salads, curry, stew, etc.  So, when I first heard about roasted chickpeas I was quite excited!  I looked at a few different "recipes"....and then decided to just do my own thing. So here ya go!


This recipe is super easy, as all you need to do is rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, dry them off a bit, season them and bake them!

One quirk of chickpeas is that some of them will have a thin skin on them.  You can choose to remove these if you want (most of them will come off when you dry them with a paper towel), or leave them on.  I picked out the skins that were already coming off, and left the rest....and didn't really notice a difference, so it's not a big deal either way!


Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas (any size)
Cooking spray (I used Pam OR you can use a bit of oil)

seasoning {salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, etc.}

Directions:

1)  First, you'll need to drain and rinse your chickpeas.
2)  Then dry them off a bit (I used a paper towel).
3)  Spray a baking sheet with Pam, then dump your chickpeas onto the pan, and spray lightly with Pam as well (or you can drizzle a bit of oil over them!).
4)  Then sprinkle with your choice of seasoning.  [Plain salt is always nice, but I also love adding a bit of chili powder to mine for a bit of a kick!]
5)  Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.  They are done once they are nicely browned and crunchy!


These make a such a great snack....and are good for you too as long as you don't eat the whole can yourself!  

ps: kelsey ♥

3 comments:

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...