Wednesday 29 August 2012

in love with : olafur arnalds

 I'd like to introduce you to one of my musical crushes...the incredibly talented Icelandic composer: Olafur Arnalds.
I could listen to Arnalds' compositions for hours...wait, correction. I DO listen to his compositions for hours! His music is so beautifully unique. Using a classical foundation of chamber music and piano, Arnalds does amazing crossovers into pop by incorporating electronics, creating wonderful cinematic pop pieces. I am seriously in LOVE. The way he meshes in piano, synth, and strings is so gorgeous and every piece turns into an emotional journey. 
I love that one of my favourite shows (So You Think You Can Dance) has used his compositions several times throughout their seasons and that he's been the opener for Sigur Rós, another favourite musician of mine. If you love SYTYCD, go check out Jordan & Tadd's dance from season 8 and watch Amelia & Will's dance from this season. They're both beautifully choreographed and showcase the music so well. 



I think I'll grab a cup of tea and my latest book and enjoy some Olafur now =]

p.s.  clara ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...