Saturday 18 August 2012

outfit of the day: a simple summer dress


We've been going through a "mini" heatwave....and I cannot wait until it's over!  This past week has made me wish that I had a job inside a nice air-conditioned office somewhere....but then again, where is the character building in that?

However, the oppressive heat and constant sticky, sweaty feeling is not exactly conducive to creating cute outfits.  So, this week's outfit is just a super simple summer dress.  It's my favorite way to beat the heat!


I found this pretty floral dress in a local Vancouver shop, and it was love at first sight.  Although it's a bit hard to see in the photos, the sweetheart neckline is actually formed by a bow at the bust.  It's such a subtle, lovely detail!

I paired it with simple black flats for a slightly dressier look, but I would also put on a pair of converse and a jean jacket for a slightly more casual look!


And on a slightly different note, I had to take all of these photos myself (since Jordyn wasn't around to help), and I just want to say kudos to all fashion bloggers who do self-portraits all the time....they're tough!

I hope that all of you are enjoying the last few week of Summer!  Although I'm sad that it's coming to an end, I'm so excited for Fall clothing...boots and scarves and sweaters!


p.s.   kelsey 


2 comments:

  1. this is best and summer friendly outfit i love these type of outfit

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...